Happy Australia Day weekend!
All of us at Active One would like to wish everyone a fun filled safe long weekend. With the increased heat remember to keep hydrated and if you are in the sun don’t forget to slip, slop, slap.
If you are looking for a healthy Australian lunch option for the weekend barbie try this garlic prawns recipe. This delicious salad along with a game of backyard cricket will make for a fantastic and healthy Australia Day.
Garlic prawns with cucumber and potato salad
Time to make: 45 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
- 600g small red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 24 uncooked medium king prawns, peeled, tail on,deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup 97% fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced into rounds
- cooking oil spray
- 8 cups green salad, to serve
Step 1 Boil potatoes for 15–20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
Once cooled, chop into large chunks and transfer to a large bowl.
Step 2 Meanwhile, toss together garlic, prawns and oregano.
Step 3 In a bowl, whisk together yoghurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, dill and freshly ground black pepper. Pour half the dressing over potatoes. Add onion and cucumber. Toss to combine.
Step 4 Spray a chargrill pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook prawns, turning, until just cooked. Serve with potato salad, green salad and remaining dressing.
Source: Healthy Food Guide