Crispy fish, mango & chilli salad
Time to make: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 600g skinless firm white fish fillets
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, stones removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh herbs (such as mint and coriander)
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
1- Combine cornflour and chilli flakes in a large zip-lock bag and season with cracked black pepper. Add fish, seal bag and toss to coat, shaking off any of the excess cornflour.
2- Combine lettuce, cucumber, onion, tomatoes, mango and herbs in a large bowl. Combine kecap manis, lime juice and the chilli in a small bowl; set aside.
3- Heat rice bran oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
4- Divide salad between four serving plates. Top each with crispy fish and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Source: Healthy Food Guide